Wednesday 17 October 2012

Review: Bio-oil

Hey guys! 

So today i'm going to be reviewing a product i've had for a year now and I really love! I'm sure you all will have heard of Bio-oil and heard good things about it :)








So I bought this last year after my operation to put on my scar, but that hasn't actually happened... I don't like touching my scar but at first I literally wouldn't touch it and would hate it and flinch if someone touched my side where it is, i'm alot better now I can touch it but I still don't like to. So yeah the bio-oil has been applied about 3 times in a year, not twice a day...

However I have been using this on my face and absolutely love it :) I don't use it every day only about once a week as I kind of use it as a treat! When I use it I take a while to massage it into my face and I don't have the time for this every evening I just want to get in bed :) I only use it in the evening as obviously it is an oil and it does definitely leave quite a residue on your face, I would never use it in the morning!

As you can see in the pictures, this has loads of goodness in it! It contains vitamins A and E and calendula, lavender, rosemary and chamomile oils. It is also hypo-allergenic and suitable for sensitive skin which is a must for me! It does say that it's non greasy and rapidly absorbed and to be honest I don't agree with that! When I wake up in the morning it has only just sunk in and I can still slightly feel it on my face. 

I find this SO relaxing to use, I learnt facial massage in my college course and I do this with my eyes closed and when I open them I am well and truly ready to fall asleep! The oils are very relaxing and it also smells sooo nice, after i've used this my skin looks so bright and radiant it actually amazes me, even when I wake up in the morning my skin looks brighter still. After i've used this I have a tiny bit left on my hands and I like to rub this into the ends of my hair, it doesn't make it greasy as it's a tiny bit, it just improves the look of the ends of my hair. 

Whilst this is nice to use and gives immediate effects, it also gives long lasting effects. It helps to even out my skin tone and helps with the redness I get on my cheeks, it has also helped to fade the small scars I have on my face. They're still there but they have faded which is really good considering you're supposed to use it twice a day on scars. You can also use this on your body which I would love to do as I think it would make your skin amazing and would be great on your legs, but it would make the bottle go down so much quicker and it is fairly expensive! However just using it on my face I only need the tiniest bit and I only use it about once a week so it has lasted me so long already and you can see in the third picture how little I have used in a whole year!

So whilst I can't comment on using it on big scars as I've really not been using it enough at all, I can say that for the face and relaxation I love it and would definitely recommend it! Let me know if you want me to do a post on how to do facial massage? :)

Emily xxx

2 comments:

  1. I bought this to use on my scar as well, but I haven't actually used it for that either. I don't like touching my scar or even looking at it! Mine goes along my ribs and dips in where they took a rib out, I can't stand it! I do use it on some dog bites I have on my ribs, but never thought of using it on my face haha

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeahhh so does mine! Mines all stretched and goes bunched up if I bend, nice! Ouch that sounds painful! Should try it, I love it on my face :) xx

      Delete