Monday 3 February 2014

YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick | Nude Beige


Hi everyone!

Another review today and a very exciting one! I'm almost certain you've all heard about the YSL lipsticks and their gorgeous packaging. I'd been dying to pick one up for so long but just couldn't justify spending £24.50 on a lipstick, despite all the rave reviews. So when I received a £20 voucher from work to 'recognise' my performance I headed right on over to my local YSL counter in Boots to pick one up.

I knew I wanted a fairly subtle shade so that I'd get a lot of wear out of it and after a bit of researching blog reviews and swatches it was between this shade (Nude Beige) and Peach Passion. So when I got to the counter I had a good look at the testers and despite being super tempted to get a bolder colour, I settled on Nude Beige. 

One tiny niggle, is that there was no one on the counter and when I asked for help the lady said there was no one serving on that counter. She told me she could try to find what I wanted but she wouldn't have been able to offer me particular advice as she was from another counter. It was a Sunday which is a busy shopping time (at least in my town!) so I was a bit confused as to why they had no one working on the counter. Never the less, I got the lipstick I was after and only paid £4.50 thanks to my voucher!

Onto the actual lipstick, this formula is absolutely gorgeous. It feels so smooth, silky and luxurious on the lips. I've never worn a lipstick that feels like this and it really does feel like you're wearing something special. It glides on to give a nice coverage, perfectly pigmented for such a moisturising lipstick. Nothing like MAC matte lipsticks, but gives an even coverage of colour and I wouldn't say it's one of those formulas that requires super sonic pigmentation. I feel like it's one of those lipsticks that are easy to wear, you can just throw on and not have to worry about it being perfect, losing colour in the middle or bleeding at the edges.

It doesn't have amazing staying power, but again I feel like it's not supposed to be one of those lipsticks. It still lasts a good couple of hours and it wears off evenly so you don't have to worry about it looking patchy and uneven. It really is just a lovely, moisturising, easy to wear lipstick.

As for the packaging, I'm sure the photos speak for themselves! These lipsticks are just stunning and feel so special to own and to use. Not gonna lie, pulling it out of your handbag for a little top up whilst shopping or eating out makes you feel a bit cool and elegant. (Which I'm not.)

As for whether I would recommend these lipsticks, if you can afford it, go for it! They really are lovely and it's nice to own a special piece of make up. However, if you're a student or trying to save up your pennies, is it really worth spending ridiculous amounts on one lipstick? It's gorgeous, but it doesn't have super powers. I'd say it's one of those things which are perfect for birthdays or special occasions or maybe if you have Boots points or a voucher like me.

To be honest, I do need (really want) another one now, but I'll be holding back until I end up with mountains of Boots points or vouchers.

Emily xxx

18 comments:

  1. It's so beautiful!! Great review x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it for such a good value! I have one YSL lipstick and I just adore it. I might have to treat myself to this one too.

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this lipstick its one of my fave been wearing it all week !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YSL is prob my fave beauty brand- still in love with their under eye concealer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only YSL product I have! I'd love to try more :) xx

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing, I love nude lipsticks!
    I need to try YSL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade is gorgeous and suits you so well! Think I may have to pick this up! x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you,the packaging is stunning !! I see what you mean by how expensive it is though,It does look really pretty on but I think it is quite steep for a lippy.I suppose if you bought one you really loved and got the use out of maybe it would work haha. Pity about the staying power too :(.Anyways...Great post doll x and your blog design is so adorable.Thanks for giving me your link on the twitter chat too x

    http://copycattt.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super expensive, but very lovely haha! Aww thank you :) xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a pretty color! Great review!

    www.fashionsontop.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this shade & it looks so much prettier on you! :) Goes beautifully with your skin tone xx

    Tracey
    Saturdaynightgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete